6/13/2002

Bleh. - That pretty much sums it up today. I feel "bleh." Not even Mr. Yuk can cheer me up, but he helps a little.

My car is pretty much dead. I can choose to repair it for (probably) more than it is worth, or look for a new car. I hate car shopping, and the prospect is not amusing. On top of that, we have lost our daughter's doctor for the second time in a year. Doctor shopping and car shopping. I suppose I can look to the news for at least a little bit of fun.

Hmmm. Looks like Ashcroft overplayed the "dirty bomb" scare. Is this going to be a new theme? Frighten us to quell criticism?

And lookie, lookie. Bob Barr, the impeachment junkie, is suing Clinton, Flynt and Carville for "emotional distress." He's emotionally distressed? The word I would have used is "disturbed." (Also at the end of that column, catch Ashcroft revealing his favorite Simpsons character. Who knew?

At least I have a reliable source for realtime U.S. spyplane images. You'd think that this would cheer me up.

The news that a relative of mine (a cousin) may very well soon be posted as second in command (XO) of a new destroyer was the best news of the day.

Perhaps I can look to the weekend for a lift. Getting to work won't be an issue for 3 days (tomorrow I'm taking off) and there are a few interesting things happening. Maggie and I are getting our gaits analyzed, there's a big graduation party for my cousin Sarah and Spike and Mike's Sick and Twisted is slated for Saturday night accompanied by Mike. Stop complaining! Things are looking up!