1/22/2003

Crossing Off - I tend to procrastinate, and so I eventually accumulate a long list of things that need to be done. Usualy these are annoying little things above and beyond the usual responsibilities of life. They bug me, take up my attention and keep me from being happy. So I have to make a conscious effort to resolve them. I took care of two things today - straightening out an insurance matter and ending a membership in the local gym (so that I wouldn't get charged!)

When the list gets sufficiently long it is depressiong, becasue it seems like no amount of work is going to take care of all of it, and therefore it's almost hopless. Not true, of course. Even crossing one or two things off your mental list makes you feel like you're making progress.

What do you have hanging around that you need to take care of? Is there anything you can cross off your list to make yourself feel better? It's excellent therapy.