4/10/2003

A Toast - It's no secret I had (and still have) my doubts about this war. However, I'm not blind to the fact that some good can definitely come about because of it. So let me raise a toast to the demise of Saddam's control of Iraq. Good riddance.

Also, let me suggest a moment of silence for those whose lives the war has already claimed. Perhaps a thousand where were clearly Iraqi citizens, and then many more who were conscripted into Saddam's army against their will. Of course, my thoughs also go to the coalition soldiers who have died, and their families.

A momentary pause in the criticism to just step back and take in what has happened thus far. Saddam overthrown, and perhaps killed. Bagdhad taken with little effort on the part of the coalition forces. 1/3 of the death toll of the 9/11 attacks in Iraqi civilian casualties, but unconfirmed total casualties thus far. The end of deadly sanctions.