1/30/2002

[NEWS] - More on Ashcroft - sign of the devil! - Are calico cats a sign of the devil? Ask John Ashcroft. Maureen Dowd says that Ashcroft's advance team checks for the presence of calico cats, which Ashcroft believes to be some sort of minion of Satan. A Blue Burka for Justice

I am so happy to have such people in charge of our justice system. I guess we should be thankful that he at least still allows people to own calico cats... for now. I almost felt bad about that "boob" comment yesterday, but now I'm thinking I went easy on the guy.

(P.S. - Here's the Andrew Tobias article to which Maureen Dowd refers in her piece. And !bonus! a followup article that is also about Ashcroft. That follow up has yet another link to a Washington Post article about domestic partners being denied 9/11 victims benefits.)