6/20/2002

Poker Progress - Well, I busted out early in the Foxwoods Wed. night no-rebuy 7-Stud tournament. My cards were lousy, and I was burned at the end when I played a pair of aces and a king fast against a pair of eights and lost when I didn't improve. He improved with a second pair - of kings no less.

Luckily, I was able to sit down at the 1-5 Stud tables and make back my entry fee plus enough to buy a copy of Rockstar Studios' Grand Theft Auto 3 for PlayStation 2. That, plus the free meal they gave me and the baseball cap made it a good night all around.


Speaking of GTA3, that game is insane. It's great if you're just in the mood to watch and cause video game-style mayhem. My favorite part? Stealing an ambulance and delivering people to the hospital by cutting across the park and running people off the road. Runner up - stealing a police car and taking vigilante assignments.