4/14/2003

Frustration of The Blogger - Being a blogger has been more frustrating than usual lately. Here are the reasons:
  1. The service that is supposed to send out email updates to people who subscribe to the blog... doesn't. I don't know about you, but I get an update once every other week if I'm lucky. Sure, it's free, but just the frustration alone is costing me.
  2. Blogger hasn't been all that stable. I can't "republish" any of my archive files and I haven't been able to do that for months now, except for one brief moment a few weeks ago. What that means is that when the archives break, I can't fix them And I can't change the format of the archive files. Blogger is basically free, but I pay for ad-free hosting on blogspot.
  3. backBlog - my comment system - just disappeared. While it was in the process of disappearing, it made my site download extremely slow, so I removed the comment links to speed things up. I subscribed to the comment system, so that one wasn't free.


When am I going to take a hint and move my whole operation over to MovableType like everyone smart seems to have done? The question is, is blogger so buggy now that I will not be able to get access to my archives so that I can republish them elsewhere? A frightening thought. And where will I find hosting? And how much will it cost? And what will I choose for a new domain name? And... and... and... and none of you can answer because my comment system is down!!!!

Ah well, email and AOLIM are still there.