5/28/2003

Where Is The Sun? - Except for a guest appearance here and there, the Sun has been an absentee for quite a while now in southeastern MA. It's starting to get on my nerves. I get antsy when the Sun doesn't come out for long periods of time.

This reminds me of a book I read once, during some depressive period. The name of the book escapes me at the moment, but I think it was one of those Wayne Dyer books. Maybe that Erroneous Zones one. Anyhow, the gist of it was that external things that are out of control can't make you feel a certain way. Your feelings, as a reaction to external factors, is a way you choose to react. So, if I say "the weather is making me sad" then I'm thinking incorrectly about the weather.

This goes along with cognitive therapy I've read about which urges you to take control of your own emotional responses, rather than just endure them, wallow in them, and let them overcome you.

So, in that spirit, the heck with the Sun. I'm going to enjoy the overcast weather today, and I'll still be here when the Sun gets back.