6/14/2003

New Location...Pardon Our Dust! - Aces Full of Links is moving to a new location: www.drmomentum.com/aces/ to become part of my new website, at www.drmomentum.com.

So, for a couple (or few?) days, I'll be importing the content here into that new site. And for a while after that I'll be changing the look of the blog, so please bear with me. I don't want to change it too much, but I need to accomodate some new features that will take up space. (At the time I'm typing this, the new blog is still using the default look that comes with Movable Type, so it is completely different from the Aces Full you are used to.)

Why am I moving?

Let me count the reasons.
  • I'm sick of Blogger. I have to admit, Blogger gave me my start in Blogging, it's improving in reliability and features, and it is extremely easy to use. But I want more control over my blog, and Blogger is now too limiting. I wasn't sure I;d ever reach this point in blogging, and some might say that having only 5 or 6 readers doesn't justify much in the way of effort, but I have an urge to improve the blog and have some fun with web content management (if possible).
  • I got my own domain! No longer do I have to host my site under blogspot.com - the drmomentum.com domain is registered to me.
  • All the cool kids are doing it
  • Not because of the oil, but because of the WMDs
  • Because I can
  • The comment system I use here is very slow. My new system will be integrated with the blog and will be much speedier.
  • Speaking of speed - the plan is to make the whole site load faster by replacing the external services like the commenting system. A very good thing.
  • Better archives
  • Those of you who use a tool to aggregate RSS feeds will now be able to subscribe to Aces Full of Links with your aggregator, since I will be syndicating my blog!
  • There are probably more reasons, but aren't those enough?
Stick around. The fun is just beginning.